- 1 Best Bug Zapper List 2018
- 2 Basic Information About Bug Zapper
- 3 Recommended Bug Zapper Reviews
- 3.1 1. Flowtron FC-8800 Reviews - Best Electronic Pest Control Device
- 3.2 2. Flowtron BK-15D Reviews - Best Insect Killer For Outdoor
- 3.3 3. Black Flag BZ-40-DX Outdoor Bug Zapper (40-Watt Deluxe)
- 3.4 4. Sandalwood Bug Zapper Reviews - The Best Flying Insect Killer
- 3.5 5. Zepol Labs Electronic Fly Zapper Reviews - The Best Indoor Fly Trap
- 3.6 6. TESCCI Electronic Zapper Reviews - Best Electric Bug Zapper For Indoor
- 3.7 7. Flowtron BK-80D Reviews - The Best Insect Killer For Outdoor
- 3.8 8. Teza Bug Zapper Reviews - The Best Mosquito Killer
- 3.9 9. Solar Garden Light Reviews - Best Solar Powered Bug Zapper
- 3.10 10. Gardner Insect Light Trap Reviews - Best Indoor Bug Zapper
- 3.11 11. Flowtron BK-40D Reviews - Best Outdoor Insect Killer
- 4 Bug Zapper Troubleshooting Guide
- 5 What to Look For When You Buying a Bug Zapper
- 6 Bug Zapper Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 7 Final Verdict
While you know what are some of the best bug zapper units out there, you are lost some time. Are you that person? Then keep reading!
We can promise you that this article will provide all the information you need about bug zappers that you couldn’t find anywhere else. Well, that’s an over-estimation and we are good at that here. We do promise over the top stuff but we try to make sure that we deliver well too.
It is very important to evaluate some features of the top-rated bug zapper when you are buying one. These features which include construction quality, the safety of the user, the source of power, protection from accidental contacts and price have been carefully considered before the top 10 Bug Zapper were selected for you.
Please read all information and reviews carefully before purchase.
Best Bug Zapper List 2018
Basic Information About Bug Zapper
Different Types of Bug Zappers
Finding the best zapper is no joke and it is a lot different than finding your weird best mosquito trap out there. In this section of the article, we will do an in-depth overview of the types of bug zappers available in the market to buy.
There are four different options that you can go for. Let’s try to evaluate all of them one by one.
Electronic Bug Zapper
As you can understand from the name, they run by electricity. That immediately adds a few issues for a lot of people. What if you want to use it in a place where the electric cords don’t go? You can actually buy an extra set of chords to solve that or you can simply go for the next type which is rechargeable bug zappers.
Rechargeable Bug Zapper
The biggest benefit of getting a rechargeable bug zapper is that you do not have to have electricity every time you want to place it somewhere.
However, the con is that you have to charge it sometime a day which means that you do not get a 24-hour service from units like these.
Solar Bug Zapper
The most environment-friendly option for you at this moment is solar bug zapper. Solar zappers will make sure that you get constant support all the time and you won’t even have to put in batteries or electricity. However, they might be a bit costly to set up.
Electric Fly Swatter
Electric Fly Swatter are handheld insects killing devices, which weight very light and works every time. It is designed like a tennis racket. It gives a powerful electric shock when any part of insect is in combination with swatter.
Almost all the best electric fly swatter is made of a similar mechanism, it also contains the battery to charge up and single Capacitor or Transformer is present to provide electrical shocks.
One of the major advantages of using it is we can kill files in the air, no more waiting until the fly lands or guessing where will fly lands next.
Flying Insect Trap
If you have a variety of insects at home and if you want a solution which is manual and can take care of everything at once, insect trap is the one to go for. Insect traps have been around for a while and there’s a reason for that.
They were successful at making your home insect free and that’s why they are there. You can trust insect traps in nine out of ten occasions.
What is Bug Zapper and Why do you need one
A bug zapper, also referred to as bug swatter is a handy item that helps with controlling flying insect in our environment and killing them. They are a very effective means for keeping your environment free of insect. They work by electrocuting insects with high voltage killer grids that are powered by electricity.
They can be used for both indoor and outdoor purposes, depending on for which environment they were created to best serve it. They also come in various designs, giving you a choice to choose a nice design and color for yourself.
There are many reasons why you will need a bug zapper. The first of such reasons is the fact that you are getting bothered by insects.
It comes to your rescue by attracting the insect towards itself, giving you some peace and convenience. Apart from attracting the insect towards itself, it goes a step further to killing them.
The best bug killer is built in such a way that it can attract wide varieties of bug and also kill such bugs. It's comes as a much better option compared to chemical sprays that contribute to the environmental solution.
Furthermore, after using chemical sprays, you will need to leave the environment for some time, till after the smell and effects of the spray has reduced.
Furthermore, it is difficult using spray outdoors, due to a huge ventilation and the effect will quickly ward off before killing off most of the insect in the environment, except in cases of direct spray. You also cannot use chemical sprays during an outdoor event such as barbecues, since you can’t pause the event to resume later.
Spraying much earlier before the event will also have little to no event, since even if the insects were eliminated, a new set can quickly be attracted to the light and people in the environment, and you will be back to square zero.
A bug zapper, however, functions even when people are around, without disturbing them. All that will be required is placing them at a strategic location, where it can do its work, while you enjoy your bug-free environment.
Recommended Bug Zapper Reviews
1. Flowtron FC-8800 Reviews - Best Electronic Pest Control Device
- Product dimensions of 12 inches by 12 inches by 27 inches.
- Can be mounted both horizontally and vertically.
- Collection tray for dead insects that is removable.
- Can control insects that fly at night up to 2 acres.
- For commercial indoor and outdoor application at trash receptacles & dumpsters.
- Can cover 1,200 square feet indoors through its ultraviolet lure power of 1200 watts.
The Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly Control Device is an commercial bug zapper for flying insects. It's one of the best mosquito bug zapper in the market. The industrial size device can be used for outdoor residential areas.
The device features a glow panel reflector and glows tube that allows it to be able to attract insects better than most other best outdoor bug zapper and also enhances how much bugs that can be caught.
The flowtron bug zapper features ultraviolet (UV) light that has high attractant quality. This is the major reason why it is able to easily attract a wide range of flying insect.
The killing grid is powered by alternating current and is able to generate 5600 volt and 2.4 amps. Also it comes with a long power cord of 67 inches for connecting to the light source.
Flowtron FC- 8800 is built from a plastic that is graded for huge impact when it is used outdoors. The grid of the zapper is plated with chrome, giving it a 360-degree protection. The device has a measurement of 12 inches by 12 inches by 27 inches.
Q: Does Flowtron FC-8800 have a loud buzzing noise?
Ans: No, Flowtron FC-8800 is quiet.
Q: How long can you continuously run Flowtron FC-8800?
Ans: All day and night if you want
Q: Is this unit effective during daylight for fly issues?
Q: How far from the ground should Flowtron FC-8800 be mounted?
Ans: Upto 10 feets.
What we didn't like
- A bit expensive.
- Consumes a bit of power, especially when it is used 24/7.
- Transformers become very hot so that it can’t be touched.
Flowtron FC-8800 Diplomat Fly Control Device, 120-Watt, Indoor/Outdoor....
2. Flowtron BK-15D Reviews - Best Insect Killer For Outdoor
- Instant operation.
- Uses a 15-watt bulb.
- Covers a ½ acre surface.
- It has a non clogging grid.
- Advanced electronic insect control.
- Cartridges can be replaced each month.
- A mosquito attractant - free 30 day cartridge (tested by USDA).
A best bug zapper needs to provide you with plenty of value at a very good price. And that’s exactly what the Flowtron BK-15D tries to deliver right away. Since there are a variety of bugs out there, the last thing you want is to get bitten by them.
The thing that makes the Flowtron BK-15D special is that it has a ½ acre coverage. So it’s really powerful and it delivers some really impressive features as a whole.
There’s a non-clogging killing grid here too, which makes the unit a lot more powerful and distinct than ever before. One thing to note is that the flowtron insect killers manufacturers don’t recommend you to use it within 25 feet of any human activity.
Unlike other models, this outdoor fly zapper is extremely powerful and you don’t want to have it attached to your home or any other structure. Try to keep that in mind when you get this.
The unit uses a 15-watt bulb, so even if the bulb malfunctions, that’s an inexpensive fix. It offers instant, constant operation if you want to get such a thing. They do recommend you to change the cartridge each 30 days to make sure that the results.
Flowtron BK-15D is suitable only for outdoor use. Since it’s so powerful, you don’t want to have it inside your home, and more particularly in a room. But rest assured that it can easily deliver the pest elimination features you need in no time.
Q: Does it make a zapping sound when it kills the bug like a mosquito?
Q: Is it safe to keep bug light plugged in 24 hrs a day?
Q: This unit effective for house flies?
Q: Can I use it without attractant?
What we liked
- Fully weatherproof
- High intensity model
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Very powerful and reliable
- Requires minimal maintenance
What we didn't like
- The cord is quite short
- The build quality can suffer at times
Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer, 1/2 Acre Coverage....
3. Black Flag BZ-40-DX Outdoor Bug Zapper (40-Watt Deluxe)
- The Black Flag deluxe version has a photocell built in to it.
- It coverage 1.5 acre of area to kills mosquitoes, biting flies, and more flying insects.
- It has dual mode dusk-to-dawn sensor switch.
- It's features 5500 volts UV white light bulb provides 20% superior brightness.
- The Black Flag bug zapper saves 30% of energy than most other bug zappers.
- It has an outer casing to keep children and pets from contacting the zapping grid.
- Includes free Octenol lure for 30-day uses.
- Also, it Comes with the 5-year replacement warranty.
The Black Flag BZ-40-DX is capable of being your loyal bodyguard as it offers an incredible bug control zapper for bigger patios and yards. With its 5500 volts of power, it can attract and kill about 40 percent of flying insects through its UV black light, which is great feature of the unit.
Besides, the zapper is able to cover about 1.5 acre of area so it can keep your patio free of all the bugs. The BZ-40-DX includes a dusk to dawn sensor that tends to detect the time be it day or night and use 30 percent lesser energy with providing 20 percent life of bulb.
There is a switch in the sensor through which you can do the job with ease. To make the deal more pleasing, you will find an octenol lure that will also help in getting rid of pesky bugs.
What we liked
- 5500 volts of power to get the job done.
- UV black light for attracting the bugs.
- Bigger area coverage.
- Dusk to dawn sensor to detect the day and night time for using bulb energy accordingly.
- Only for outdoor and outdoor commercial area uses.
- Octenol lure to help kill the bugs as well.
- Five years limited warranty available.
What we didn't like
- Tends to get clogged up as it traps a lot of bugs.
Black Flag BZ-40-DX 40-Watt Deluxe Outdoor Bug Zapper....
4. Sandalwood Bug Zapper Reviews - The Best Flying Insect Killer
- Package dimensions of 12.1 inches by 9.7 inches by 8.6 inches.
- Can be used outdoors and indoors.
- Optional lamp holder removable base.
- Resistant to water including rainwater.
- Very durable and can be used for years.
- Ultraviolet light bulb that lasts for a long time.
- Powerful pest, gnat, fly and insect killer for effective control of pests.
- Attractive design and ring hanger that aesthetically enhances your camping site, pool, patio or yard.
The Sandalwood is Outdoor and Indoor Water Resistant Electric Bug Zapper Lantern for Pests, Gnats, Flies, and other Insects. It's a powerful flying insect zapper that will have you throwing away your stinger bug zapper, fly trap and handheld fly swatters.
They have the ability give your property sanity and protection from every type of bug. The electric grid is powered by 2000 volt power that is formidable. The octenol attractant is potent with a lantern styled design that is striking.
They can be plugged into an ordinary outlet that immediately converts the hanging lantern to a killer of bugs. It can be conveniently used outdoors and indoors. All you have to do is mount it above the space you want to protect by between 5 and 10 feet.
It will immediately provide relief for you from every bug that bites as well as those that annoying fly around. You can now enjoy your barbecue, pool events, and camping without bothering about bugs. Your eyes are not negatively affected by the safe black light output that is invisible.
This does not, however, spare irritating insect including wasps, bees, gnats, biting flies, green heads, and flies even when the distance between the insect and the zapper is ½ acre away. It is now possible to reclaim back your environment from bugs with this device.
Q: Does this kill black household flies?
Q: How far from the ground should Sandalwood be mounted?
Ans: Upto 10-15 feet.
Q: Is Sandalwood cordless or battery operated?
Q: Does Sandalwood bug zapper kill the mosquitoes effectively?
What we liked
- The grid is very easy to clean.
- Very effective in getting rid of bugs.
- Very quiet during operation as you hear tiny to no zaps while it is working.
- Has decorative tendencies and therefore enhances the look of your environment.
- Can be used during the day and at night to kill bugs and enjoy an environment free from bug.
What we didn't like
- If you are used to huge size bug zappers or something big, you might be disappointed as it is small. Note that this doesn’t in any way make it less effective.
- If you love to hear the zap sounds every time an insect is electrocuted, you will be disappointed yet again. You might think it is not working at all due to its quietness, however, a closer look will welcome you with carcasses all over.
Sandalwood Electric Bug Zapper - Water Resistant Indoor and Outdoor Lantern with ½ Acre Range....
5. Zepol Labs Electronic Fly Zapper Reviews - The Best Indoor Fly Trap
- Effective for controlling flies.
- Effective in areas of up to 2,000 sq. ft.
- Features latest ultraviolet bulbs technology.
- Designed to be unnoticeable, effective and visually attractive.
- Comes with a proprietary technology that lures insects according to studies on their behavior.
The Zepol Labs White Mergence house fly killer light trap is amongst the best bug zappers available in the market. It is very effective for zapping bugs indoors including in hospitals, offices, stores, restaurants, cafes, enclosed garages, basements, bedrooms, fast food establishments, shops, kitchens and living rooms.
Maintenance is easy as replacement of bulbs and glue pads are fast. You also get higher indoor fly control results and catch rates.
The package includes a user manual, mounting hardware for tile wall or drywall, 1 glue trap, 2 ultraviolet bulbs and Mergence fly system. It comes with a white shell that you can paint to match the color of the wall.
The device comes with a 14 inches cord and requires 120 v power. It is effective and economical as it uses a system of 30 watts, suitable for killing flying insects in areas where there are much of such insects. It has 2 hooks made of plastic that can be used to wind/wrap up the excess length of the cable.
This fly killer trap works by attracting moths, stable flies, fungus flies, bottle flies, filth flies, house flies as well as other pests to pads that instantly get them stuck. It features a protective hood that means pets and people do not touch the glue pads and bulb by mistake. Maintenance is not needed, as you only have to change the glue pad when it is full.
Q: Is Zepol Labs fly trap noisy?
Ans: No, never noticed any noise.
Q: Is this product effective for the indoor mosquito control?
Q: What is the wavelength frequency of the UV light emitted?
Ans: UV light frequency is 368 nanometers.
What we liked
- Easy to install
- Easier to service
- Fairly affordable
- Works very quietly
- Maintenance friendly
- Very sticky glue pads
- Option of painting it to your wall color
- Easy and fast to replace bulbs and glue pads
What we didn't like
- Has a short cord
Zepol Labs Mergence Electronic Indoor Fly Trap Fly Zapper Fly Light Bug Zapper....
6. TESCCI Electronic Zapper Reviews - Best Electric Bug Zapper For Indoor
- Package dimensions of 15.7 inches by 11.8 inches by 3.9 inches.
- Kills bug, fly and mosquito.
- 2800 v for insect electrocution.
- Protective cage surrounds the grid.
- Efficient for a huge area of up to 5,000 square feet.
- Two powerful attractant ultraviolet bulbs for attracting flying insects.
- Can be used in every indoor environment including hospitals, retail stores, restaurants, warehouses and workplace areas.
The TESCCI bug zapper – Mosquito, Fly Insect Zaps and Killer and other UV Light attracted insects. This zapper is effective, natural and it's among the best indoor bug zappers you will ever find on the planet.
If you have been frustrated by swatting flies and flying insects in your environment, then this electronic indoor fly killer device is out to rescue you. It is possible you might have tried to control the pest with chemicals, but their costs are bugging you down, apart from their negative effect on your health.
The commercial bug zapper will save you the stress of using inhaling toxic fumes from chemical products that are expensive. Your escape can come with natural durable methods that offer you elimination of insect that is free of chemicals.
You should wisely invest in purchasing this powerful tool for pest control that is designed to function for several years. The best electric fly zapper features some of the strongest bulbs for attracting insect in the market at 2,800 v. 2 replacement bulbs are included in the package for free.
The collection tray for dead insects can be easily cleaned as they are removable. It features a space-saving hanging wire chain. This fly killer does not need maintenance apart from cleaning the tray that collects the dead bugs.
All you have to do is just install it and then you notice how bugs no longer disturb you. This tool for pest control is versatile as you can just place the device on a flat surface or hang it on the wall.
Q: Is TESCCI bug zapper cordless?
Q: Can I use this all day and night？
Q: Can I use it in the outdoors?
Q: Does it kill fruit flies and mosquitoes?
Ans: Yes, of course.
What we liked
- Very affordable.
- Large coverage area.
- Ideal for every indoor environment.
- Natural way of controlling pests without harmful chemicals.
- Safe to use as the protective cage ensures there is no accidental zapping of people and pets.
What we didn't like
- 24/7 use of the device will mean more energy bulb due to its powerful 2,800 v power.
TESCCI 20W Electronic Bug Zapper - Insect, Fly, Mosquito Killer and Zaps.....
7. Flowtron BK-80D Reviews - The Best Insect Killer For Outdoor
- It comes with completely assembled and ready for use.
- This unit uses a high-intensity black light bulb and lures for eliminating light-sensitive flying insects.
- Its designed to protect an area of up to 1-1/2 acres. This unit only for outdoor use.
- The zapped, dead insects fall out the bottom so that you don’t have to worry about it clogging up.
- Killing grid that does not clog.
- Constructed so that it is weatherproof and rugged, it will not rust, crack or fade.
- It has an enclosure cover that protects your children, birds, and pets from getting electrocuted.
The Flowtron BK-80D Electronic Insect Killer is your answer if you are being disturbed by a lot of insects in your environment. If mosquitoes and other insects are driving you mad and you are looking for the best outdoor bug zappers to take care of them, then you should get Flowtron BK-80D electric insect killer.
It is a great way to strike out unwanted bug guests from your next outdoor get together or picnic. You do not have to bother about assembling the product since it comes already assembled and all that is required is just to mount it and start using it.
It does not function with poisons, sprays or fogs and hence no pollution to your environment. A standard electrical socket is required to plug the unit and it will only cost you a few pennies daily on the energy bill.
It helps to eliminate any bug that is sensitive to light in your environment as they get attracted to the black light bulb with high intensity. It is constructed to clear areas up to 1 ½ acres of flying bugs.
There is also an automatically activated cartridge for attracting mosquito that comes on as soon as you put on the flowtron mosquito zapper. The vertical high-efficiency grid of the unit helps to avoid clogging that can make remains of insect to be flared up or short circuits.
It comes with an enclosure that covers the grid so that your children, birds and pet do not get electrocuted by the device. You get to use the Flowtron BK-80D for years, free of trouble as the casing is rustproof and rainproof.
Some complain about the zapping sound being loud, but compared to other models it is not so bad. It also comes with a limited manufacturer’s warranty of 2 years. Overall, this is a quality electronic mosquito trap that will not disappoint.
Q: Does it kill beneficial insects like bees, butterflies, dragonflies?
Q: This bug zapper is waterproof?
Q: Can I hang this zapper on my balcony?
Q: Does this zapper work on day biting mosquitos?
What we liked
- This zapper is very affordable but is also durable and reliable.
- Very effective for outdoor use.
- Easy replacement of bulbs.
- Very effective even if you live right next to a swamp.
- Its an ecologically friendly device that uses no fogs, sprays, or poisons.
- Fully assembled on delivery. Just mount, plug and play.
- Protective casing that keeps your kids and pet out of harm’s way.
What we didn't like
- Should be used 25 feet from where you are. The implication is requiring a long extension cord to provide power for it.
- Bullet Point 2
Flowtron BK-80D 80-Watt Electronic Insect Killer, 1-1/2 Acre Coverage
8. Teza Bug Zapper Reviews - The Best Mosquito Killer
- Works for up to 10,000 hours.
- Works in the area of up to 6,000 square feet.
- Product dimensions of 10 inches by 10 inches by 14 inches.
- Usable for outdoor and indoor purposes as it is waterproof.
- 2500 to 4000 v resulting in high voltage zapping of flies, moths and mosquitoes.
This Teza Product is waterproof best outdoor & indoor Mosquito Killer Light Zapper. It's a commercial/home insect light zapper is a metal grid with high voltage that is charged with electricity so that it is able to electrocute bugs. One of the major factors that attract mosquito is the scent.
The eyesight of mosquito is very poor. They usually move about by sensing heat and scent. It is possible for a mosquito to smell a person even when they are 30 feet away while they can sense the heat from a person from 30 feet, while they can only see a person from only a few feet.
Lights that are warm easily attracts mosquito. Another factor that attracts mosquito is carbon dioxide which humans and animals breathe out. The more carbon dioxide in an environment, the more mosquitoes will be attracted to the area.
It's one of the best Co2 mosquito trap in the market and lot of customer are highly recommended for use. Fortunately, there are other factors that lead to the production of carbon dioxide in the environment. Mosquitoes, however have adapted not to only depend on the carbon dioxide to locate a prey, but a combination of the carbon dioxide with other gases exhaled by man and heat.
Octenol is able to also produce this combination of gas, coupled with the heat from the bulb. A combination of these is sure to attract all the mosquitoes within 100 feet to where it is produced. This is exactly how this device works efficiently to eliminate mosquitoes.
Q: Is this unit environmentally friendly? Non-toxic? no smell, radiation free? Safe for babies?
Ans: Of course.
Q: Does it effective for indoors?
Ans: Yes, you can use this indoor or outdoor.
Q: Does this unit kill gnats and house flies?
Q: Is this unit kill the insect silently?
Ans: No, but when the bug gets into grid it brings noisy sound.
Q: Is it work in daylight?
Ans: Yes, it Kills flying bugs in 24/7.
What we liked
- Works perfectly.
- Durable as it can last up to 25 years.
- Decorative tendencies due to its nice design.
What we didn't like
Insect Killer Zapper- 40W bulbs Super Strong Zapper - Home/Commercial- Bug Zapper- Mosquito Killer....
9. Solar Garden Light Reviews - Best Solar Powered Bug Zapper
- Comes with a no worry warranty.
- Made from iron and ABS plastic.
- Most effective within 100 to 150 square meters.
- Long battery life that can power the LED light and the zapper.
- Product dimension of 102.4 inches by 78.7 inches by 51.6 inches.
The best solar powered bug zapper is constructed in such a way that it can be charged by alternating current or solar energy. It's a waterproof solar garden lights and also killed the all kinds of indoor or outdoor flying insects/mosquitoes.
This solar bug zapper is very durable and saves energy. It uses the ultraviolet tube and lamp beads that are imported and have better efficiency at luring and killing mosquitoes compared to most other best mosquito killer devices.
It is very quiet and free of radiation so that you do not have to bother about any zapping sound as it gives you an environment free of the mosquito to sleep, relax or carry out other activities. It is also a beautiful lighting lamp that can be used for decoration.
The design of the best solar mosquito zapper is waterproof, therefore, you can leave it outdoors even during rainfall. The solar part is automatically turned off during the day when there is sunlight and turned on during the night when most bugs are more active and it can easily attract them without distraction from the sun.
Q: Is this unit Non-toxic? radiation free?
Q: Can I use this unit for my house?
Ans: Yes, This unit best for home or outside.
Q: Can I use this unit for killing the mosquitoes on the campsite?
Q: What is the power source of this unit?
Ans: It's a solar bug zapper. Also, you can charge it with electricity.
What we liked
- Quality is reliable.
- Very easy to assemble.
- Conserves energy as it charges by sunlight.
What we didn't like
- Must be hanged high up (within 1 to 2 meters) and kept out of reach of kids always to prevent them touching the inner net.
- Electricity must be switched off and power grid high voltage discharged with a screwdriver before lamp cleaning.
Solar Bug Zapper Garden Light – Outdoor or Indoor Insect / Mosquito/ Flying Electric Killer Light....
10. Gardner Insect Light Trap Reviews - Best Indoor Bug Zapper
- Product dimensions of 19 inches by 11.5 inches by 5.5 inches.
- 50-watt ultraviolet light for attracting insect.
- 24 hours silent non-chemical insect trapping.
- Efficient for a huge indoor area up to 1,800 square feet.
- Placed it about 5 - 6 feet above the floor.
The Gardner WS-95 best indoor insect/mosquito trap is an adhesive light trap that is highly rated for trapping bugs.
It comes with an ultraviolet 50 watts attraction and can attract bugs from about 1,800 square feet from the surface of the mosquito zapper.
It is a best mosquito bug zapper for indoor use as it can be mounted either on the wall at a height of between 3 feet and 6 feet or placed on the top of a table or shelf as a portable mosquito trap.
It quickly makes the room comfortable and convenient to use by getting rid of flying insects, including those that bite.
Q: Can I install this unit on the outdoor?
Q: Is Gardner WS-95 effective for killing house flies?
Ans: Yes, It will be very effective.
Q: How long is Gardner WS-95 warranty?
Ans: 3 year.
What we liked
- Aesthetic design.
- Chemical free, silent and portable use.
- Can work for a long time without interruption.
- Designed such that glues does not end up on the bulb.
What we didn't like
- Glue pad will need to be changed when they get clogged.
Gardner WS-95 Wall Sconce Flying Insect Fly Light Trap.....
11. Flowtron BK-40D Reviews - Best Outdoor Insect Killer
- Product dimensions of 10.2 inches by 16.5 inches by 10.2 inches.
- Can lure insect from a range of 1 Acre.
- This pest killer styled like a residential lantern.
- 40 watts total power required for the black light.
- This bug zapper uses non toxic ultraviolet light to eliminate mosquitoes.
- Also, you can get two-year limited warranty provides by Flowtron.
The Flowtron BK-40D electric insect zapper is one of the best outdoor bug zapper that kills bug like crazy. This zapper can easily be moved around, irrespective of where you are working when it gets dark or during the day.
Once there are bugs in that location, this insect light zapper just continues to zap bugs until you are able to work in peace. The unit is very rugged and durable.
You can use it or leave it to continue to work outdoors even when it is raining and/or when there is wind. All it does is attract and zap every bug in the environment.
Just leaving the Flowtron BK-40D all for 24 hours of every day for just 2 weeks will lead to a significant and noticeable reduction of bugs in the environment. It is just the perfect solution for reducing bug in your home and other environment.
Q: This unit I can be used indoor?
Ans: No, it's only for outdoor.
Q: Does this zapper attract mosquitoes during the daytime?
Q: how far should I use the zapper away from the house?
Ans: This bug zapper recommended to be used 25 feet away from the house or deck.
What we liked
- Can be used during the day and at night.
- Very effective as it zaps bug all day long.
- Weatherproof, chemical free, & environment-friendly.
- Very durable as it is rugged and can be used for a long time.
- Protective casing prevents accidental contact with the charged grid.
What we didn't like
- Cord is not very long.
- It requires regular cleaning (every 2 to 3 days recommended).
Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, 1 Acre Coverage
Bug Zapper Troubleshooting Guide
Any problems you encounter that are not corrected by the action recommended in this chart should be referred to: Flowtron Service Department,
( Caution!! be sure to unplug your unit before servicing )
A) Bulbs do not light properly and no voltage on the grid.
1. Inefficient electric power or disconnect electrical power.
2. The bug zapper is not seated properly.
3. Defective starter switch.
4. Fuse or burned-out bulb(s).
1. Check circuit breaker or fuse. Also check extension cord.
2. Perfectly check all sockets for proper seating and alignment.
3. New starter replacement required.
4. New bulb replacement required.
B) Bulbs light, but no voltage or inefficient voltage on the grid.
1. Shorted grids.
2. Defective transformer.
1. Check killing grid for material build-up.
2. Transformer replace by manufacturer required.
C) Sparking between grid rods intermittently or continuously.
1. Grid and rods are too close.
2. Grid connect with foreign material.
1. Unplug unit and adjust grids in the perfect place by bending back into alignment using the insulated screwdriver.
2. Clean grid using a vacuum cleaner.
D) Bulb lights, don't attract insects perfectly.
1. Invisible black light output reduced due to fuse bulb.
2. Not effective Octenol Lure.
1. Watch the bulb replacement section of owner's manual. It helps to replace fuse bulb.
2. Replace Octenol cartridge for better result.
- If you any question or thought you share, just leave a comment bellow
What to Look For When You Buying a Bug Zapper
1. Mode of Attraction
The mode of the attraction of the bug zapper determines how effective it will be in attracting the insects it intends to zap. It usually makes use of ultraviolet light along with other factors that are known to attract insect including scent and heat.
The right combination of all these factors will attract more insect types to the device. You should, therefore, confirm that it is optimized for attracting a wide range of bugs, especially those that are common in your environment.
2. Anti-Clogging Feature
There are bug zappers that are designed with anti-clogging capacity so that the dead bugs just fall into a tray that can be easily removed and emptied or fall directly to the ground. You can get bug zapper that clogs if you don’t mind changing glue pads or de-clogging it every time. If not, then you should get best fly killer zapper with the anti-clogging feature.
3. Price Range
Many great bug zappers are available at below $100, including those with a solar panel. If you are on a budget, there are a lot of best insect killers in this price range that will serve you well. If you are not on a budget, however, you could get better ones that are sold at over the $100 price.
4. Coverage Area
The size of the area you want to debug is very vital in selecting a best fly zapper. You should get a zapper that can cover the yard effectively. As you can choose from the best fly killer zappers that cover as little as ½ acre or less to those that cover over 1 ½ acre of space. You should also check if it is designed for indoor use, outdoor use or can be used indoors as well as outdoors.
5. Proper Placement
You should pay attention to how they should be placed as well. Fortunately, most flying insect zappers can either be placed on a flat surface or hanged on the walls which are the 2 ways that they can best be placed. You should, however, confirm that it is designed for the proper placement.
6. Protective Casing
Protective casing is very vital when you want to choose a zapper. You do not want to put yourself, your kids and your pets at risk by the time you place your bug zapper. A best bug killer must, therefore, have a protective casing that properly covers the killer grid so that it can be mistakenly touched, while there is enough space of the bugs to get in and get zapped.
Most recent fly killer zappers work silently. There are individuals who grew up in homes where they were old school best bug light zappers that zap out loud for every bug that was killed. They often think the new ones don’t work since they don’t hear a sound, till they see the result.
In line with this, you should check how noisy the bug zapper is before buying. If you find the zapping sound cool, you might want to go for a noisy bug killer.
Alternatively, you could settle for the quiet ones that work without disturbing you or your neighbors.
Bug Zapper Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1: What species of bugs does the zappers destroy?
Answer: The system will kill most known species of mosquito and any other insect which is attracted by light.
Q.2: How does the zapper unit attract and kill mosquitoes and other biting bugs?
Answer: The system attracts bugs by the black light produced Once attracted they are electrocuted. Octenol enhance the effectiveness by up to 5 times.
Q.3: Do I need to buy the Mounting Bracket or does one come with the zapper unit?
Answer: No, the zapper unit is not supplied with a mounting bracket. Mounting Brackets are available.
Q.4: When do I need to replace the bulb and how?
Answer: Bug Zapper bulbs should be replace every season to ensure maximum effectiveness. The bulbs black light attractancy will diminish over time, so it is important to replace bulbs even though the bulb still works to maintain insect attractancy.
Q.5: what height should I mount the zapper Unit?
Answer: Generally 6 to 8 feet above the ground.
Q.6: Where is the best place to mount the unit?
Answer: 25-50 feet away from the area occupied by humans but between the source of where the bugs congregate. (woods, lowlands, etc). You will receive an instruction manual with your machine which will tell you how to mount the system.
Q.7: Do the zappers attract and kill all biting insects such as gnats?
Answer: Almost all biting insects which fly are attracted to black light.
Q.8: How does the Flowtron zappers differ from a regular bug zapper?
Answer: Flowtron have gone to great depths to ensure the life and durability of their units are second to none. Rugged waterproof construction, together with the patented vertical – non clogging grids make their units the best buy on the market.
Q.9: What happens to the dead bugs? Do I need to clean them from the machine?
Answer: No you do not have to clean out the zapper. The electrocuted bugs fall from the best mosquito killer machines easily due to the non clogging vertical killing bars. You might have to clean dead bugs off the bottom of the unit. With the unit unplugged a soft bristle brush or a hair dryer will do the trick.
Q.10: My mosquito zapper doesn’t work. How can I repair it?
Answer: Please look at our maintenance guide to troubleshoot your problem.
Q.11: Would it help if all my neighbors had a zapper installed on their property?
Answer: It certainly would help! Each best mosquito zapper will attract the mosquitoes and other biting flies entering the area If your neighbors had the same system over time the population of bugs would be vastly reduced.
Q.12: Is there someone I can talk with to better understand my bug problem?
Answer: Yes, share your problem in our comment section and we will be pleased to discuss your particular bug problem and how to best locate a product to solve it.
Generally, the best zapper is a sort of savior for several people, since bugs could be very annoying and even harmful. This has resulted in the popularity of bug zappers, especially as they are able to control the quantity of bugs in an environment.
The best bug zappers can within a short while, reduce a huge population of bugs to almost zero, as they are good at luring the bugs to their self before they finally electrocute the bugs with their high voltage grid. As opposed to fly swatters, they are not handheld and have to be carried about.
All that is required is hanging them strategically while plugging them to light or exposing their solar panels to the sun and then they can start functioning. It is usually very effective in quietly killing bugs while conserving energy. They are also very affordable.