The best family time is definitely spent at the backyard of your house but looks like there are other families that own the area more than you do. Duh! They are none other than the insects. Those little beings are annoying enough to ruin the whole picnic mood that you have been planning with your family.
And guess what! The attitude that they carry to wander around your area gets even higher when the dusk time comes. So you will be needing that one machine that will be more powerful so you can murder the whole ancestral with just triggering it. Hence, to make your area completely insect-free zone, we have added the best bug fogger to this write so you can use them for their homicide. Hence, we hope no more bug-bites from now on!
- 1 Best Bug Fogger In 2018 – Updated List
- 2 What is Bug Fogger?
- 3 Types of Fogger
- 4 Cold Foggers vs. Thermal Foggers
- 5 Safety Precaution Before Fogging
- 6 When is The Best Time to Fog?
- 7 Best Fogger Brand
- 8 Listed Bug Fogger Reviews
- 8.1 Hudson 99598 – Fog Electric Atomizer Sprayer
- 8.2 Burgess 1443 – Propane Insect Fogger
- 8.3 Bonide 420 Fog-Rx – Propane Insect Fogger
- 8.4 Tri Jet ULV – Non Thermal Fogger
- 8.5 Earth Choice 700069-1 – Fogging Deodorizer
- 8.6 Repel 190397 – Propane Insect Fogger
- 8.7 Burgess 982 – Electric Professional Thermal Fogger
- 8.8 Longray Basic ULV Fogger – Adjustable Flow & Flex-Hose
- 9 Things To Consider While Buying a Fogger
- 10 Final Verdict
Best Bug Fogger In 2018 – Updated List
What is Bug Fogger?
Bug fogger has got many other names for the job it does, some of you call it insect fogging machine, and some call it bug bomb. So yes, basically the bug fogger is a device that produces a fine fog or mist from any bug juice that you fill for bombing them around your insect-filled area.
It exists so that it can come to your rescue via helping you out with repelling and murdering most of the insects in the sprayed area. The machine has got such power that its fog is able to penetrate into depth of trees, grass and bushes so no matter how much hard the insects try to hide, it will eventually destroy them.
So the fogging machine is a very useful tool and can be a smart pick for your mission if you want to get rid of those annoying insects that have been wandering around the place. The machine allows you to fog a very large area efficiently and quickly that kills major number of insects and afterwards repels any new insect to guaranty that your area gets insect-free zone. So, this is the wonder that the fogging device does just to help you out.
Types of Fogger
This is basically heat fogging machine that is operated by propane of electricity. Their principle of performance is similar to the stationary one yet to produce tiny sprinkling droplets, the machine uses the heat element produced for gaseous chemical reaction or heat effect of the electricity. It is advisable that before you use it, you have to wait for the thermal fogging machine to get heated and yes you need to clear out the tank with a fogging product just after the use.
This is cold fogging machine operated by electric current mainly. The grid feeding for starting powerful yet small vents that separate a liquid chemical to tiny particles so you can spray it in the form of fog.
Cold Foggers vs. Thermal Foggers
Both the type of fogging machines are used in applications such as for getting rid of pests in warehouses, for infection, for insect control, mold and odor control in indoor region or for applying bug juices to plants.
However, to highlight thermal foggers, they carry perks of creating particles smaller in size than cold foggers and the fog is also easily visible:
- Smaller insect control: Because of tiny drops that the thermal fogging machine produces, they are greatly effective on smaller insects such as mosquitoes. The best droplet size for smaller insect control is from the range of 5 microns to 20 microns.
- Outdoor fogging: Because thermal fogging machine produces thick and visible fog, you can control the direction of fogging more easily that eventually makes an outdoor fogging more controlled.
- Fogging obstructed areas: Because the particles are smaller in size, the fog can penetrate into smaller areas such as floor gaps or into cracks in walls.
On the contrary, cold fogger does not use heat for the process, so you can use them for indoor purpose without any risk of fire. Besides, cold fogging machine produces quite invisible fog and you can adjust the size of the particle.
- For indoor area: They are great useful for indoor areas as you don’t have to use any heat element.
- For odor control and disinfection: Cold fogging machine is greatly beneficial for house disinfectant and great for unpleasant odor control. Since it has options to work automatically, so you don’t have to be there to operate the fogger all the time.
- To get rid of molds: You can also use cold foggers to get rid of molds in indoor places.
- On plants and greenhouses: Since you can adjust the size of the particle, you can use the machine on thick bushes or greenhouse and you can spray different solution on the plants.
- Indoor and outdoor pest control: Cold foggers are best for pest control both around indoor and outdoor area.
So, from the above application purposes, it’s you who can decide that would you go with cold fogging machine or the thermal one based on the purpose.
Safety Precaution Before Fogging
Duh fogging machine never comes with risk free attitude, so you must take some precautions before you trigger it.
- Protective gear is a must: People who think it’s stupid to wear protective gear for using foggers are stupid themselves. It’s because many fogging solutions contain insecticide that can cause allergic reaction that will eventually harm your health. So do wear protective gear.
- No out-of-limit fogging: Such accidents are bound to happen if one sprays too much fogs that lead to a buildup of flammable vapors. So it’s essential that you use it carefully.
- Keep it away from ignition source: Accidents are most likely to occur if greater amount of fog comes in contact with ignition sources directly. Hence, keep it about or more than six feet further from flame or any spark that comes from electrical appliances.
When is The Best Time to Fog?
When it’s morn or evening
The best time to fog is when the activity of insects is at the highest. The majority of the insects are active in evening while few of them are active during the day. Basically, most of the insects love to wander around shady areas to hide when its day time.
So it would be wise if you fog either in early morning or evening. But the perfect time would still be in the evening or around dust. It’s because at that time, the temperature gets lowered and its seen that the temperature closer to ground is usually more than in the air. And eventually it helps the fog to settle on the ground more easily so that the effect of the fog can stay for longer time.
Besides this reason, another reason to fog in the evening is because the wind at this time is seen to be died down and this is very essential for a fruitful fogging session.
When its low wind or no wind
However, it is essential that you fog in low wind or windless condition. It’s because the particles that the fogger produces are very small and they can be moved via tiny wind gust easily. So when you fog in low wind, it will allow the fog to stay in the spray area for a longer time.
Best Fogger Brand
Burgess: The Burgess is the brand that The Fountainhead Group, Inc. owns. They have been around since 1880 and their 3 core concerns are craftsmanship, commitment and innovation. So they try to include all these things in their designs that they aim for providing the best products so their customers can buy. They have 125 years of experience in producing top quality liquid solutions, while remaining dedicated to their family oriented company mentality and United State based production values.
Hudson: The Hudson brand knows and understands the demand and need of sprayer users in several markets such as industrial, agricultural, lawn and garden, pest control and public health. Hudson embraces this knowledge to present its customers the widest range of top-class fogging products under various price levels that meet the desires of its local and international partners.
Longray: Their marketing policy is to protect people, animal, crops, disinfection and clean environment. Starting from cold and thermal fogger to truck-mounted cold or thermal fogger, they provide different kinds of fogging machine to people. They mostly consider very longer service life and promise safety of their machine to their customers. Besides, the brand claims to pass several international testing protocols so that they can build up their reliability.
Repel: This brand comes from the company United Industries Corporation. They provide Repel products through the brand for insect protection that is as tough as they are. With a complete line of insect repellent constructed for their customers, the products of this brand aims to keep the bugs from getting between you and the great outdoors.
Fogmaster: This company started in 1982 and began to produce fogging machines and sprayers that used cold fogging techniques. Now they manufacture variety of cold fogging machines starting from drum mounted foggers to handheld and sentinel modular foggers.
Listed Bug Fogger Reviews
Hudson 99598 – Fog Electric Atomizer Sprayer
The Hudson 99598 is a cold fogger that happens to use air pressure so it can atomize the liquid solution to smaller particles. You can make this best bug fogger do all the job, starting from clouding up the plants with pesticide to using bug juice for assassinating the insects. Since it works it electricity, so you will need to plug it into an 110/120 volt electric outlet for the job.
Besides, you will find a motor inside the machine that pumps the fogging liquid and diffuses through the nozzle with a great amount of pressurized air. If you want, you can adjust the discharge rate of fogging machine just via rotating the control nozzle. This will help you not only kill the mosquitoes but also bigger bugs that buzz around the house.
However, this best fogger machine is also useful for surface spraying since it produces more like liquid fog. Moreover, another cool thing about this Best Bug Fogger is it comes with a handle and a shoulder strap so you can carry it around easily for the bug hunt.
Burgess 1443 – Propane Insect Fogger
Burgess 1443 has the ability to shoot all those annoying mosquitoes that have been wandering around your house. Not only for its efficiency but for its long-lasting effect is something that you definitely want your best mosquito fogger to have. This insect fogger machine could be your doctor machine as well since it can reduce the chance of those mosquito-borne infections.
Moreover, it can also deal with those little beings even in damp and marshy areas. So, light up the fogger and let it warm up for some minutes so it can start producing fog to reach 10 feet of height. The machine will create a thick fog to make a way into the bushes and grasses and slay all those evil insects.
Afterwards, the fog will settle within 5 to 10 minutes and you can enjoy your outdoor space without those annoying insects for six or more hours, depending on the area and weather conditions. Besides this, you can repeat the fogging process as well so that it does not only present you hours of free insect time but days without them.
Bonide 420 Fog-Rx – Propane Insect Fogger
This is another best fogger machine you can have if you are planning to murder those irritating bugs. It has proven itself to contain good-built quality and performance that has only one purpose in life: kill ‘em. It is greatly effective on mosquitoes, gnats, flies, and moths.
Since it is a thermal fogging machine, it works with an open flare but can cause fire risk if you use it indoor. However, it got a translucent container that you need to fill it with bug juice for fogging. The best thing is it comes in plastic material so you can check out how much liquid is left and plan accordingly for refilling it up.
Talking about its performance, the fog wafts for many yards where it spreads around 1 to 2 acre of land. Pulling the trigger made it super easy to pump and destroy the little beings. A bombardment of about 5 pumps every 5 seconds will sure drive the fog out of the nozzle for the homicide. Thus, want the Best Bug Fogger for your area? You should definitely check out this one!
Tri Jet ULV – Non Thermal Fogger
The best thing that makes this machine a start fogger is that you can use it both indoor and outdoor. So if the insects are wandering inside your home you can kill them via just triggering the machine. The Tri-Jet ULV fogging machine comes with a full aluminum body so you will find the construction of the machine super sturdy and yes the fog will stay for a good time.
Besides, it’s body is rust proof so you can use it outdoor with no issues. You will find a solution tank at the base and the machine itself is attached to a mount that ends on the top of the machine and there you will find a handle. However, this best bug fogger is more suitable for static usage and not for carrying it around while fogging.
Not only that, it features a powerful motor of 1000w to spray a denser fog that covers a great area. Additionally, this best insect fogger is useful for those who wish to fight with all sorts of issues from pests to molds and bad odors. So this is quite a multi-tasking machine.
Earth Choice 700069-1 – Fogging Deodorizer
Looking for the best bug fogger to destroy those little beings? Then you can consider the Earth Choice fogging machine for yourself. It will not only be your partner in crime but also will kill the big bugs and mini mosquitoes no matter how much they try to hide.
Besides you can use this commercial mosquito fogger not around your house but also around other areas as well. So use it with your chemical deodorant and then get yourself ready for the job. However, if you don’t own the deodorant for the machine, you can pair it with pesticides, plain water (mist plants) or sanitizers as well.
They work for providing a great effect so that all the annoying creatures from your place get killed just after you use this best bug fogger. Hence, it although looks very simple but has the ability to do wonders just via its work.
Repel 190397 – Propane Insect Fogger
Claimed to be used by professionals, this best insect fogger is popular to kill and repels mosquitoes and biting flies. With just a spray, the fog will scatter around 5000 square foot yard in less than ten minutes, penetrate deep into landscaped areas and will aim to destroy all those beings that were just there to ruin your mood.
But yes you need to ensure to wait for it to heat up before you try to dispense fog solution, or else it won’t work. Another great thing about the machine is, you can even wander around the area just after you treat it. The fog won’t be annoying and will just be there to annoy the insects instead.
However, the machine comes in very light and you can carry it around anywhere for your insect hunt. Hence, create ‘mosquito-free’ zone for up to 6 hours with this best mosquito fogger, and enjoy a great time without them.
Burgess 982 – Electric Professional Thermal Fogger
It would be unfair to not include this best fogger machine in these mosquito fogger reviews. Coming from the best brand, which is the Burgess, this commercial mosquito fogger can be best used as a fogger and as a mister also.
Although, the name states it to be a thermal fogger since it comes with a heat assembly, but if you remove that part, you can use it as a mister. However, let’s talk about the good news. If you are done with mosquitoes bullshit, then you can shoot the machine on them.
The machine will definitely work to kill them both indoor and outdoor. It got a large tank so that you don’t have to take all the hassle to constantly refill it. So with such a big tank you will get over three hours of shooting time to end the container. And yes, there is also a handle so you can move around with it easily to hit the insects anywhere you doubt.
However, to add a little tip, it’s better to use the machine as mister when fogging inside the home and for outdoor, use the heat assembly if you want to observe its effects.
Longray Basic ULV Fogger – Adjustable Flow & Flex-Hose
You will find many mosquito fogger reviews that have talked about this great insect fogger machine and it certainly deserves to be in best list. Being a cold fogger, it uses high air compressor for producing smaller particle so it can kill the mosquitoes and does the wonder. And the most highlighting thing about this fogger is it features adjustable flow.
So you have the option to adjust the mist from barely visible, to fog, to visible droplets. Besides, you can use the fogger for not only getting rid of all the molds but you can mist plants in your beautiful green area. Moreover, you can also use it for diminishing unpleasant odors that you live through inside your home.
So basically, you can call it the best mosquito fogger since it does many other jobs beyond killing the insect. However, because this is a non-thermal machine, you will have the benefit of producing small particles from 5 micron size to 50 micron size. And such small particles are greatly effective on small insects like mosquitoes. So, if you are looking for a smart machine, then you can consider this best commercial mosquito fogger for yourself.
Things To Consider While Buying a Fogger
When the time comes to purchase a fogging machine, there are several things that you need to consider. So here we have come to remind you that while you are planning to buy a fogging machine do check out the things that we have highlighted here.
- Types of the fogger: It is really important that you decide what type of the fogging machine you want to use before jumping to purchase. Although the purpose that the device serves is same yet it’s the techniques and areas of application that make the fogging machine different to one another. Thus, ensure that you decide what type of fogging machine you want to use while getting one.
- Affectivity: This is another important consideration that you must make while purchasing insect foggers. You have to ensure that the one you will be buying has enough poison to kill the insects that are wandering around your backyard. If the effect of the fogger is not strong and effective enough to destroy the insects then what’s the use of purchasing the machine.
- Easy To Use: You will obviously never want your machine to be hard enough that you can’t use. So ensure that the product you are planning to buy is easy to use. Not only that, you should also check the machine out before you buy it.
- Portability: If you don’t want a static fogging machine there you will find many of the foggers come with handle or shoulder strap so that you can use the product anytime and anywhere and move around with it easily.
- Price: Just like when purchasing anything else, you will need to consider the price of the fogger as well. Since different products come with different price tags, so make sure that you buy the one that has the ability to meet your budget. If your budget range is more on the lower side, then you have several options to purchase the best insect fogger even in lower price.
- Make sure that the one you will be buying is safe for you and your family.
- Do check out the reviews of the specific product before you decide to buy one.
- Do not opt for the machine because its popular, go for the one that are effective.
- It is important that you grab the knowledge of all the units and their function of the machine before purchase.
Any one of these bug fogging machines will really help you out to assassinate those insects so you can reclaim back your outdoor living space. As each of the machines has its own great features, so you can buy any one from this best bug fogger list. We hope you can complete your mission with the best machine.